Re: Can't make ext3 partitions anymore using debian-cd generated cd

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 04:47:06PM -0500, Daniel F. Dickinson wrote:
> I'm trying to create a custom debian-cd, and I had it working at one
> point, but since I've updated my pool (and cleared aways the old <doh>)
> I can't seem to create a cd that knows how to create ext3 partitions.
> (parted says ext3 is not supported yet).  I could swear I used ext3 in
> another incarnation of the cd, so I'm confused.  Has ext3 partition
> creation changed, and how do I get it to work again?

Chances are that the kernel module udebs on your CD are out of sync with
(specifically, are a different version from) the kernel you're booting.

> I'm using the installer-i386 under rc1

That would probably do it. For now, use the most current version you can
find, released or not.