Re: debian cd cover generator

Hi Robert,

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:34:15PM +0100, Robert Lemmen wrote:
> http://www.semistable.com/cdcover.pl

Very cool! In the sorted-by-usefulness list on
<http://www.debian.org/CD/artwork/>, this will go in at the top as soon as
you ask me to add it!

> some things i would like to add:
> - it can also generate PDF (usefull for people on windozw boxes), but it is
>   disabled in the moment as the host it is running on doesn't have
>   ghostscript installed

PDF would be nice, yes - quite a few people who download the CD images do
so under Windows.

> - cd labels would be good too (and easy to make), but i have never printed
>   any labels and don't know what they should look like (under
>   investigation)

You could use Charles Briscoe-Smith's work as a starting point for CD
labels. <http://briscoe-smith.org.uk/charles/debian-cd-label.html>

> - there is a debian logo on the backside, should i replace it with the
>   non-open-use variant for cds labeled "official"?

Most non-Debian people don't know what the "official use" logo is or looks
like, so I wouldn't bother... Also, strictly speaking you'd need "official
approval" to use it for the CD covers/labels.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯