debian cd cover generator

hi folks,

a few days ago someone asked me to burn a debian cd for him, which i did
and also tried to put a nice cover on it. the covers and labels on the
debian site are nice, but not exactly what i was looking for. and more
important they didn't have the text on it that i wanted (ok, there are some
that are editable). so i digged out cdlabelgen and made my own.

doing so i thought it would be cool to have something like that as a service
on the debian site, so i made a little prototype which you can try out at:

http://www.semistable.com/cdcover.pl

it's pretty hackish right now, but i would like to get some feedback about
whether you think something like it is usefull before going on.

some things i would like to add:
- it can also generate PDF (usefull for people on windozw boxes), but it is
  disabled in the moment as the host it is running on doesn't have
  ghostscript installed
- the layout of the covers needs a bit of tweaking to look really good
- i did put a text area on the back, right now there is just a dummy text,
  no idea what to put there...
- cd labels would be good too (and easy to make), but i have never printed
  any labels and don't know what they should look like (under
  investigation)
- there is a debian logo on the backside, should i replace it with the
  non-open-use variant for cds labeled "official"?

so, comments please...

cu  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com