Re: woodyr3 DVD jigdo files

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Steve McIntyre wrote:

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 05:38:00PM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 08:59:07AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
 1. Did we ever agree on a directory structure to cope with CDs and
    DVDs together? I'm thinking for now I'll just set up a parallel
    $ARCH-dvd directory alongside the $ARCH directory for the CDs.

Hmm, I don't know which system is best, but on cdimage, we have cd/$ARCH
and dvd/$ARCH, so just in terms of consistency, that might be a better
option.

True. The problem is that I'll have to move the existing CD jigdo bits
too. I'm bothered that that may break mirroring etc. I suppose I could
move the existing directories into cd/ and put sym-links in place:

jigdo/
  current -> 3.0r3
  3.0r3/
     alpha/
     arm/

jigdo/
  current -> 3.0r3
  3.0r3/
     cd/
        alpha/
        arm/
     dvd
        alpha/
        arm/
  alpha -> cd/alpha
  arm -> cd/arm

Hmm.. If you link current to 3.0r3/cd/ instead, that would probably work with my cd-mirror script as it is. I have been meaning to rewrite it to be more smart about what isos are available on cdimage.d.o, but i haven't gotten around to it. It currently makes the rather stupid assumption that it should run jigdo-mirror on everything in the "current" directory.

 2. As these will chew up a _lot_ of space, I'm assuming nobody will
    want to host full ISOs...?

IIRC the consensus was that for sarge, full DVD images would be available
on cdimage for i386 only. We could do the same for woody r3, though - what
do you think, Mattias?

The fun bit is that we have 1 and 1_NONUS versions of all the woody
DVDs too... :-/

That space calculation was based on dropping the woody images to make place for some sarge DVDs. Also, I haven't patched/fixed apache, so it does not have large file support. This also goes for several of the mirrors that I have talked to.

/Mattias Wadenstein