Re: About the broken jigdos and gluck's load

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Colin Watson wrote:

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 05:05:27PM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
On the other hand, I really think gluck is not the machine we should
be using to produce all this, it's always overloaded and seems to
struggle when it comes to disk access, something we do a lot when
producing our images, even using jte.

So, isn't there any other machine in the project that we could use to
produce the testing cd/dvd images? Are we really that short on
machines?

I seem to remember some vague mentions of spohr being a good
candidate, but this is old info and I don't know if it is still
correct, especially since it works as bugs.d.o now. Word is that it is
pretty idle though.

It's not usually desperately loaded, although occasionally a big spam
run can cause issues. It's probably less bad than gluck, although I
think I might have concerns about running cdimage on a restricted
machine; it's very useful for d-i developers to be able to log in and
poke about at what went wrong with a CD build.

Ok, so do we have a better idea of a good machine to use for CD builds? Or should we just keep on using gluck, despite it being rather slow?

/Mattias Wadenstein