Re: About the broken jigdos and gluck's load

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 05:05:27PM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> >On the other hand, I really think gluck is not the machine we should
> >be using to produce all this, it's always overloaded and seems to
> >struggle when it comes to disk access, something we do a lot when
> >producing our images, even using jte.
> >
> >So, isn't there any other machine in the project that we could use to
> >produce the testing cd/dvd images? Are we really that short on
> >machines?
>
> I seem to remember some vague mentions of spohr being a good
> candidate, but this is old info and I don't know if it is still
> correct, especially since it works as bugs.d.o now. Word is that it is
> pretty idle though.

It's not usually desperately loaded, although occasionally a big spam
run can cause issues. It's probably less bad than gluck, although I
think I might have concerns about running cdimage on a restricted
machine; it's very useful for d-i developers to be able to log in and
poke about at what went wrong with a CD build.