Re: jigdo-lite Error: ... does not match checksum in template data

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 03:12:14PM +0200, Achim Löbbert wrote:
> using yesterday's official sarge templates I am getting tons of errors
> once jigdo-lite starts to write the DVD iso image:
[...]
> Merging parts from `file:' URIs, if any...
> Found 6720 of the 6720 files required by the template
> Error: `/pub/mirrors/ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/adduser/adduser_3.59_all.deb' does not match checksum in template data
> Error: `/pub/mirrors/ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/apt/apt_0.5.27_i386.deb' does not match checksum in template data

As you say later, this error only happens if a file's md5sum changes
between the initial scan and copying the matching file to the image. :-|

Apart from undetected read errors on your HD (unlikely...), another
reason for this might be a corrupted cache file. You can check whether this
is the case by trying

  jigdo-file --cache=path/to/cache.db md5sum /pub/mirrors/ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/adduser/adduser_3.59_all.deb

once with and once without the --cache switch.

This problem with the cache will also appear if something changed the
content of files in your mirror without also changing the mtime of the
file. Examples include incorrect mirroring (rsync problems?) or storing the
mirror on a FAT32 filesystem and enabling its broken CRLF<->LF conversion.

> Files in the local mirror [file:/pub/mirrors/ftp.debian.org/debian/] are
> unlikely to have changed between the scan and writing the image. Two
> weeks ago jigdo-lite version 0.7.1-4 did not produce such errors.

And the version that exhibits the problem is also 0.7.1-4?

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯