Re: LINUX CD

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 10:35:39PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 11:33:48AM -0700, deepak kalyanshetti wrote:
> >MY NAME IS DEEPAK KALYANSHETTI. I AM DOING MY LAST ENGNEERING IN
> >ELECTRONICS. I AM WORKING ON A PROJECT ,BASICALLY I USE WINDOWS,BUT
> >OUR PROJECT REQUIRES LINUX (ANY LATEST VERSION). SO I REQUEST YOU TO
> >SEND ME A FREE CD OF LINUX ON THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS.
>
> I'm sorry, you're asking the wrong people for that. Debian is a
> non-profit organisation and does not send out free CDs.

I have been trying to track down the source of these mails for ages.
Apparently, there is a message in some online forum or other which you come
across if you type "free linux CD" into Google.

Unfortunately, when you ask these folks, invariably they can't remember
just where it was they read about sending mail to this list to get a free
CD. Since quite a few of them appear to be Indian, I suspect the
message/web page isn't English. Grr, these mails get on my nerves. ;-/

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯