Re: A few problems with incuding local packages

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 05:35:48PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> 2. The $PREFIX.generate-binary-debian-installer file created for
>    a local instance of the debian installer is bogus as it lacks
>    the FileList line.
>
>    This means that the resulting packages file will be empty
>    and as a result local .udebs will be not be able to be found
>    by debian-installer, even though they are present on the CD.
>
>    The attached patch, debian-cd-scanpackages_local.patch,
>    resolves this problem.

Even if you do this, udpkg is not capable of merging two Packages files,
so it won't actually work properly. I had to hack tools/scanpackages to
append all the files listed in the local section to the main filelist
instead, thus effectively merging the Packages files. This works but is
hacky.