Re: jigdo and unofficial Debian images

Richard Atterer wrote:
> tpc@csua.berkeley.edu wrote:
> > The most common problem with jigdo I've found is that what is specified
> > in the .jigdo file to be downloaded to complete the image is not an
> > accurate reflection of what actually exists on the corresponding mirror.
>
> This is a general problem with Debian mirrors: They are a "moving target" -
> while CD images are only created weekly, the mirror contents change every
> day.

Would it be possible (or even reasonable given load usage constraints)
to base the unstable jigdo images off of the snapshot.debian.net
archive?  That provides an unmoving snapshot of sid.  I would hate to
overload their archive, however.  It is a very valuable resource and I
use it often but I think it is a single distribution point.  Perhaps
as a fallback only?

Just a passing thought...

Bob