Re: Removing unofficial testing images links from CD/

CCing debian-cd just in case...

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 03:48:16PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> We (the d-i team) keep getting confused users showing up who have
> downloaded the *unofficial* testing CD images and then find that they
> don't work. This wastes our testers' time, wastes our time (since we
> don't have any oversight of how those CDs are created and are unlikely
> to be able to fix them), and d-i is now good enough and close enough to
> release that we really want as many people as possible to be testing the
> official images.
>
> Would anyone object if I removed these links from the CD/ tree?

Do you mean you want to remove the links to the unofficial *stable* netinst
images on http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/? I'm asking because the only
*testing* netinst images that are mentioned are the debian installer ones.

I'm a bit reluctant to see the links to the *stable* netinst images go -
after all, stable is the one distribution we are supposed to support most.
;-/

Or ar you talking about Manty's full testing CD images on
http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/cd/jigdo-area/? Or Attila's
unofficial ones on
ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/sarge/jigdo/?

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯