Re: Getting jigdo to actually work

At 01:42 PM 1/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:

Does there exist a set of examples for making the jigdo tools
actually produce iso images instead of downloading 4.5 gig of
file parts and then crashing with no explanation

Well, yes. The Peter Jay Salzman HOWTO has examples.

?  I mean,
it _seems_ like a good idea to only get the parts that have
changed, but I cannot find any clear explanation for what I'm
doing wrong.  All I ever end up with is enormous files that
jigdo refuses to use the next pass:

I thought it was pretty clear:

   280 debian-30r2-i386-binary-3.iso.list

Hmm ... I wonder what this is.....

662892 debian-30r2-i386-binary-3.tmp

This pretty clearly is your uncompressed template file (approx 662MB)

    56 woody-i386-3.jigdo

You downloaded this ..

   132 woody-i386-3.jigdo.unpacked

That's pretty clear...

 34776 woody-i386-3.template

You downloaded this (approx 34MB)

Having spent hours downloading files and copying them around,
I get:
Found 0 of the 1639 files required by the template

Sounds fine so far ... I trust you're aware that a dial-up needs
60 -100 hours to download this much!

By the way ... you don't do any "copying around" ... you
just let it run.

Will not create image or temporary file - try again with
different input files I take the default path and hit <enter>,
and it starts downloading everything all over again.

You must have gotten something ... the script doesn't decompress
the template until the first file is in hand. Keep-on going!
Regards, Gordon