System Question

Hello,

I'm going to download de Debian CD Images for my computer. It's an AMD Athlon XP 1700+. Wich version I must download? the Intel-Compatible or other one?

Other question I want to do: is there a new stable version near from now to be completed? because I don't have an ADSL/Cable-modem and I need to pay for the ISO-CD download. If a new version is going to be released, I want to wait this little time to download it.

Sorry if my words/english are not very clearly.

Thanks for your answer.
Regards,

Mauricio Ibáñez
Montevideo, Uruguay.