boot failure with official netinstall cd iso

Greetings,

I used Debian "unstable" with Mozilla and Gcombust to download and burn a netinstall CD ISO image; I burned the image to CD-R media.

The resulting netinstall CD boots on several machines here, but it does not boot on the machine on which I need to install Debian; the system gives the message:

Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

The system is as follows:

* 1700MHz Intel Celeron processor

* SOYO P4IS2-2AA2 motherboard

* Award Modular BIOS 6.00PC

* ATAPI CD-ROM drive configured as SLAVE on PRIMARY IDE channel

I swapped out the CD-ROM with another CD-ROM drive (known to be good), but this did not solve the problem.

The machine boots properly from the official Debian 3.0 CD and from a Windows-98 Second Edition CD.

RLH