Re: contents of the first sarge CD image

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 03:04:38PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Also there are some real gems on the first CD:
>
> I'd be glad if you could make a real proposition (ie a patch)
> of what to remove from CD1 and put on CD2, etc.

I was thinking of exactly the same, but I first need to set everything up
on my mirror machine to be able to test this.

The requirement of being able to write into the mirror sounds pretty
stupid... I don't want to fuck up ftp.hr.d.o while blithely testing :)

> Of course what this does mean is that the popularity contest has no
> influence on CD1 but just on CD2/3-8 ...

Not as far as I can see? And it would be a bad thing to strive for, really,
because tasks aren't the end-all of package selection, far from it.

> Anne Bezemer used to do that kind of work in the past, and there's a
> kind of gap to fill there ... so if someone is willing to volunteer...

I'll definitely see what I can do.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.