Re: recherche linux

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 10:15, Utilisateur123 wrote:
> Je souhaiterai m?initier à LINUX

Hi,

[list and private - usually, please reply only to the list]

Most (Debian-) mailing lists are english - please use debian-users-fr if you
don't speak english.

> Je possède une station Windows xp pro et en premier temps
>
> -          Est il possible d?installer LINUX  sur Win xp sachant que mon
> disque de 30 go est partitionné en 2 sous ntfs

You'll have to use Partition Magic or somesuch to get enough space (3-4G
should be enough - 500M would suffice in theory). Linux needs a dedicated
partition.

> -          Quel version et ou la télécharger

Sorry, don't understand that question.

> -          Faut il faire un « multi boots »

Yes. If you just want to try Linux, I'd recommend you to get Knoppix, which is
essentially a Debian system set up on a CD, so it should run ok without any
installation.

greets
-- vbi

--