Re: Fed up with Redhat !

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 00:19, jon wrote:

> Can I produce a custom Debian CD with a standard linux and My
> application and installer (IE a zero knowledge recovery CD) ?
>
> Do I need to provide any sources other than MY systems Gnu code on the
> CD ?
>
> Can I put the Debian name on it ... what should it all look like.
>
> Any help much appreciated :-)

Basically, you must give the sources of:
1/ All the Debian software you are distributing (either on CD, or by any
other mean; download is okay),
2/ All the modifications you made to Debian software.

NB: by "Debian software", I mean the ones from the 'main' main. Some
software from the 'non-free' section may not be reselled.

As for your own software, you do not have to (although it would be nice
:-) provide the source as long as it's not a modification of an existing
free software, see point 2/ above :
For example, if the installation software is yours you don't have to
provide the source, but if you just modified the Debian installer, you
have to provide the sources of your modifications.

Cordialement,

--
Vincent Renardias <vincent@debian.org>