Re: Too few up-to-date CD image mirrors

Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> Well, that thing has been more or less recommended on this list as I
> understand it for sites without the restrictions that apply to the non-us
> images. I just carry both versions though, less hassle that way.

If it's accepted I can make the script stop checking sizes (or hack in
some kind of symlink detection). It strikes me as a very bad idea to
make the user randomly get the non-us version with the name that
indicates it is the us version though. That can make for very confusing
bug reports if the non-us version breaks something.

> Well, looks good. Perhaps extrating the number of the latest version
> instead of just the binary check of "has 3.0_r0"? And perhaps a check of
> incomplete sets (just i386). Or perhaps those are the RFEs for version
> 2.0. :)

I might improve it for 3.0_r1, since the difference between r0 and r1
will not be a big deal for many people when getting cd's. I'm only
checking the first cd, but the code can have the names and sizes of all
the other cd's added to it in the configuration section. I suspect most
people want only one cd. I may add a check for source cd's.

--
see shy jo