Re: Creating a team of people able to generate official images

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 10:15:57AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > That's already in place on open (well "debiancd" actually ;-) so I'll
> > > just have to add it to raff.
> > So, what's next? Is this happening on open? If so, does everyone know what
> > directory to use, and suchlike? Is anything else causing a problem?
> I'm still waiting on the account fwiw.

Okay, since Phil's being a slacker, a group's now available on gluck
(debian-cd) with philh@d.o, atterer@d.o, hertzog@d.o, manty@d.o and
ajt@d.o. There's a directory, /org/cdimage.debian.org/ which has lots
of space free (500GB, using it all would be bad, mmmkay :), and a www
directory accessible via http://gluck.debian.org/debian-cd/.

It's not on raff, since that's possibly going to host LDAP anytime now,
and is staying heavily restricted. Obviously if gluck's too heavily loaded
to do what we want (hosting lintian, people.d.o, www.d.o, etc as it does),
that'll have to be reconsidered.

So, presumably the next step is to generate some non-bootable, US-only
(main? main+contrib?), sarge CD images and put them up there. Limiting to
i386 only, or i386+<random-other-arch> to start with might be reasonable
to start with too.

Cheers,
aj