Re: Creating a team of people able to generate official images

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 19:29, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> as Anthony pointed it to me, it looks like you didn't manage yet to setup
> the weekly sarge CD image stuff.

Yeah, I gave it a go, but failed to get the debian-installer stuff going
so never got to the point of deciding to no to bother and just do some
non-bootable ones to be going on with --- pretty feeble really.  Sorry
folks.

> I really think that we should create a team responsible of the
> generation of official CD images. It would be composed of :
> - you (Phil Hands)
> - Santiago Garcia Mantinan <manty@debian.org>, he generated many test
>   images in order to track down problems with generation of CD images on
>   all the arches, he's very responsive (manty on irc), I trust him for
>   this work (and he accepted it, I asked him)

Seems fair.

> - myself as a last backup

OK.

> Would you accept this ? If yes, then we should setup what's required, I
> suppose :
> - create accounts on open and raff

OK.  Mail me your ssh identity.pub's, in a GPG/PGP signed email, with an
indication of what you want the account called, and I'll sort it out.

> - create a debian-cd group

That's already in place on open (well "debiancd" actually ;-) so I'll
just have to add it to raff.

Actually, rather too many people seem to be in debiancd on open for some
reason, so I'll either cut down the numbers or come up with a new group.

AJ, Richard's already in the debiancd group at present, BTW.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/