Re: Seeking advice w/r to debcdmirror

On Fri 30 Aug, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 10:47:00AM +0200, Daniel Lang wrote:
> > Ok, thanks. I followed the instructions on:

> > http://www.debian.org/CD/mirroring/

> > which does not mention jigdo but the debcdmirror/pik. I've cc:'d
> > debian-cd@lists.debian.org, so I hope they will update the page.

> I've had plans to do that for a while, but I'm not sure what the new
> contents should be.

> Should jigdo-mirror be the new standard method for mirroring CDs?
> Unfortunately, I have received next to no feedback about jigdo-mirror,
> for all I know it might still contain some bugs.

I tried it (and I gave you a some feedback on it - see this list 2002.07.23
16:46 "Debian 3.0 release. Jigdo files available")

In summary 'it works'. Last time I updated it didn't do CDs 1 and 7 of the
i386 set but did do my arm and source CDs. This seemed to be because I had
mismatched .jgdo and .template files for these CDs.

As mattias said, if it gave you less info, essentially just highlighting
which CDs failed, that would be helpful.

Wookey