Re: dists/potato in woody official image ?

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Jim Westveer wrote:

> On Sunday 28 July 2002 02:38 am, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Le Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 02:33:06AM -0700, Jim Westveer écrivait:
> > > I cant help but wonder why there are still files in
> > > /dists/potato  on the Official images of woody.
> >
> > Because debian-cd just uses the same layout than the mirror, and because
> > some packages have not been updated between potato and woody (but are
> > still good apparently).
> - --
> humm,  I would suppose then, that when potato is
> eventually removed from the archive, that one will no
> longer be able to build images with jigdo, as some of
> the required files for the templates will be missing...humm.

Not necessarily. Binary .deb packages in potato are part of the "pool"
even if they are not inside the "pool" directory.

For potato to be "removed" only the Packages.gz index files and such
have to be removed, not the potato directory itself, which is still
part of the pool.