Re: Downloading a image...

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:26:29AM -0500, Erastos Evdoxiadis wrote:
> I am new on Linux but I was wondering if there was a site that I can
> just click and download a CD image. I have been on the Debian site and
> gone to the link that points you to the CD images and when I click on
> it, it gives me a page that looks like a directory.

Well, click on the "i386" subdirectory - depending on the type of
mirror you chose, the next directory listing will either show links to
.iso files or to .jigdo files.

You can download .iso files directly, but note that the download may
be quite slow because of the recent release of Debian 3.0. Downloading
the CD images offered via ".jigdo" files, you need to use the special
jigdo program.

You might find the Debian CD FAQ useful: <http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/>

Cheers,

  Richard