Re: Debian 3.0 released. Jigdo files available.

On Mon 22 Jul, Lance Davis wrote:
> The biggest bugbear for me is that you cant run multiple instances of
> jigdo in the same directory because they wipe out each others tmp dir
> contents, ...

Yep. That's been bugging me too, and I'm wary of running several as a series
batch-job, because if anything goes wrong I'm not at all sure that it won't
throw away entire CD images for want of a few K of missing files.

Riachard - definately something to add to the wishlist - separate temp files
for each CD so you can set several off building in parallel. I'd also quite
like jigdo to tidy up after itself if it has succesfully downloaded an image,
the MD5 checks out etc - then it should bin the quite large temp files so as
to leave a tidy dir. I can see there are good reasons for keeping these files
when it _didn't_ complete OK.

No rush for this stuff - it's all a major improvement over PIK and rsync
runes or dumb iso downloading, but do put it on the to-do list.

And 'Bloody hell we released!!'

Wookey