Re: Woody Net Install CD Hangs on Dell Laptop

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 02:02:28PM -0400, Jeffrey Forman wrote:
> and want to install it on my Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop again. But for
> some reason, the installer hangs. Never at any one specific spot.

Strange... maybe some sort of IRQ conflict or something. You could try
removing as many extensions as possible: unplug PCMCIA cards, remove
any USB devices, disable other unneeded things in the BIOS. You could
also try playing with the "Plug & Play OS" setting, if your BIOS
offers it.

Cheers,

  Richard

--