Re: JIGDO PRE-14: somehow still miss 3 files

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 06:09:19PM +0700, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
> Richard Atterer wrote:
>
> > Please upgrade your jigdo-file package.
>
> I am using jigdo-file 0.6.7 (I still have no idea where
> to get libwww-ssl0 5.4).

It's only in Debian unstable. Don't worry about it, you only need it
for the GUI.

> Somehow, I still miss three files,
> even after successfully loading from
> cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/3.0-pre14/snapshot :
> - developers-reference.html.tar.gz
> - developers-reference.txt.gz
> - driver-4.bin

Dunno about the first two, but the solution for the last one is to
upgrade to jigdo 0.6.8.

> BTW [OT]:
> - is there a way to tell .wgetrc to bypass the proxy for the local
>   hosts/IPs? The local fetching time is almost 20 times slower through
>   a proxy server.

Yes - from the info manual:

`no_proxy'
     This variable should contain a comma-separated list of domain
     extensions proxy should _not_ be used for.  For instance, if the
     value of `no_proxy' is `.mit.edu', proxy will not be used to
     retrieve documents from MIT.

> - is the result of "pseudo-image" not an ISO file? I have successfully
>   (no build error, but obviously MD5SUM error) to build a pseudo-image
>   by extracting the jigdo data. However, I could not mount it (using loop).

Hm, the .tmp file is "mostly" an ISO image. There is no guarantee that
you can actually loop-mount it, but so far that has always worked for
me. What does mount say when you try to loop-mount it?

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _