Re: First try on Hurd-H4-CD1 jigdo files

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Patrick Strasser wrote:

Cut
> To sum up, first we need a list of files that can be found on mirrors
> with their corresponding location, what I'm trying to do ATM. And second
> the files itself for the checksums, which we get from the mounted image.
> I now work with a local copy of alpha, just to be able to separate the
> server locations in the jigdo file, but this should not be needed with a
> file listing from alpha and some file list manipulation.
> In my theory this would result in the perfect hurd-H4-CD1 jigdo files.
> (But as a wise man said: I practice the difference between theory and
> practice is mach bigger than in theory ;-)

I realy don't like this complexity.  I can add quite a few more
complications, e.g. unique Hurd boot-floppies which only exist on the
master CD images.  These would always have to be fetched from somewhere.

I suspect that a hacked PIK might be the easiest way to go.  This would
probably give us about 80% complete images which could be rsync'ed.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz