Re: .raw extension is misleading

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 22:44, jason andrade wrote:
> On 15 May 2002, Philip Hands wrote:
>
> > I wasn't overly happy about using jigdo-area, but couldn't think of
> > anything more appropriate.
> >
> > The reason not to call it simply "jigdo" is that the jigdo-area contains
> > one or more versioned directories, each of which contains a jigdo and a
> > snapshot directory, so having jigdo appear at two levels in the
> > hierarchy seemed likely to give rise to confusion.
> >
> > I'm open to suggestions for a better name for where we keep
> > jigdo/snapshot combinations, but I don't think "jigdo" is it.
>

> jigdo-source

So, what's supposed to go in here?  The snapshot's?  I did think of
splitting them out separately, but I's rather nice to be able to have a
single versioned directory that you can delete when it's no longer
needed, and that's all of it gone.

--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/