Re: Documenting the MULTIBOOT option

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 08:30, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 12:35:01AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen écrivait:
> > I believe it is better to have bad options documented as such, instead
> > of leaving it to the users to find, test and discover the features of
> > undocumented options.
>
> I believe it is better to not confuse the user with multiple solutions to
> handle multiboot when one is clearly better than the other one...

It's probably worth documenting the fact that Multiboot is not as good
as ISOLINUX, with a quick description of why, so that people don't waste
time testing it at some point in the future, on the mistaken assumption
that they thought of it first.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/