Re: debootstrap and local components

Le Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 02:10:25PM +1000, Anthony Towns écrivait:
> So, debootstrap these days will accept packages from any component called
> "main" or "*/main" that's mentioned in the Release file. This seems a
> reasonably sensible way of distinguishing components that should be used
> from ones that shouldn't without doing too much hardcoding, but it also
> means that debian-cd should probably rename it's local component from
> "local" to "local/main".

I hardly see the point of breaking a rule that has been in place
for several years... just for the sake of separating local
packages that should be seen by debootstrap and those that
shouldn't.

People who put packages in a local tree want them to be used ...
so I don't see the point of creating that distinction. I'm tempted
to reassign it back to debootstrap unless you come up with
a better argument.

>                         Vote [1] Bdale!

gah !