Re: Woody disks (fwd)

Some comments from a commercial end-user of Debian about woody CDs.

The installation went well and did everything he wanted.

debian-cd 2.2.13 (with updated base-woody and Debian_woody) and
boot-floppies 3.0.21-2002-03-19 were used in the building of the discs.

Phil.

***********
It turned up this morning, and I have a machine also arrived this
morning to install them on.

Since I understand you're on the CD development team you might know the
appropriate place to mention a few minor issues:

1) The graphics are different.  From the start the pseudo GUI boxes
don't have any borders, then when it comes to selecting modules there
are borders but using the wrong character set.

2) When I get to the end of the installation the system prompts me to
remove the bootable media, but it hasn't unmounted the CD and therefore
I can't eject it.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz