[ilugc] Re: we're underrepresented in India. :-(

    SC> Dear Richard, Debian is not underrepresented in India,

Well, I think Richard is right.  Although there are lots of Debian
users here there is only one mirror thanks to Prof. Sriram.  There
aren't regular CD vendors who sell woody for instance, no cd image
mirror.  There are no Debian stalls during major events, there are too
few Indian Debian developers (I'm talking of developers in India)
etc. etc.

Most folks dont have the bandwidth/resources to mirror all 11
architectures of debian in India.  And boy do things move fast in the
package pool.  However, ftp.iitm.ac.in does mirror testing/stable and
non-US.  I am not sure there are other mirrors in India.

    SC> Hope, in future you will think twice before comment anything
    SC> in public ;-)

I dont understand what was wrong with Richards comment it seems like a
statement of fact.

prabhu