Re: about to get Debian Linux CD

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 12:18:02AM +1300, Vit wrote:
> VITARAG RATHOD
> 106/B-7, Government Quarters,
> Nanubhai Zaveri Marg,
> Opp. "A" Division Police Station,
> Jail Road, Bhavnagar - 364 001,
> Gujarat, India.
>
> Dear Sir,
> We are student who studying Linux Administration but we have no Linux OS
> with us at our home place. We are five students and one machine in all of
> us. We are from lower middle class family we can't effort to buy the Linux
> OS cd that's why we have went to Debian Lunix site to get the free CD if
> available for our type of student who needs that. We found your id in that
> register for Debian Linux in India to get the CD.
> I hope you don't disappointing us in this way.
> yours truly,
> vitarag

You don't need a CD, if you have internet access. Go to:

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/

There you will find the docs, and needed floppy images, which will start
your install. Packages that are needed during the install will be
downloaded from the internet (either via ppp, or ethernet).

If you do need a CD Image, you can download one (assuming you have
access to a CD burner) from http://cdimage.debian.org/

If neither of these works for you, then there are CD vendors who will
sell Debian CD's for very very very cheap (even my 5 year old can afford
them).

Ben

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '