Re: Official woody netinst images

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 02:10:52PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Richard Atterer]
> > there's still no support in debian-cd for the creation of netinst
> > images, is there? It would be nice to have something working by
> > the time we release... :-/
>
> What must be changed?  Do you have patches?

No. Unfortunately, I have no clear idea what exactly must be
changed... David, can you shed some light?

When we last talked about this, it seemed that the following would be
best:

 - <100MB, should fit on a credit-card sized CD (=150MB) - maybe just
   boot-floppies and base. One should be able to install via the net
   even with hardware which is not supported by boot-floppies, e.g.
   PCI ISDN cards.
 - possibly also usable as a minmal rescue CD
 - *not* several varieties of netinst images, just one, to avoid
   confusion of users
 - integrated into debian-cd so it's easy to create netinst CDs
   whenever a regular CD release is prepared.

BTW, I have no intention of doing the changes myself, just of prodding
everybody else hard enough to make it happen. ;-P

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _