Re: Creating unofficial CDs

Hello,

> here at the Max-Planck-Institute in Leipzig we mirror the complete tree
> of Debian distributions (potato, woody, sid) for the i386-architecture.
> I am currently running potato on the PC in my office, but would like to
> test woody at home. How can I create a set of 'unofficial' CDs
> containing the binary packages of woody plus the neccessary things to
> set up the system? I want to avoid downloading the images from one of
> the mirror sites you mention on your web page. On the other hand the
> pseodo-image-kit does not work for the testing distribution.
You can use jigdo.
For more informations please see:
http://www.debian.org/CD/

.jigdo files can be found at
ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/{woody,sid}/jigdo/

For SID you have to download much more data, because our first CD contains
a daily snapshot of the boot floppies and they cannot be found on the
Debian mirrors.
Attila Nagy                                    e-mail:  Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Budapest Polytechnic (BMF.HU)                   @work: +361 210 1415 (194)
H-1084 Budapest, Tavaszmezo u. 15-17.           cell.: +3630 306 6758