Re: Distribution help

Hello,

> I wanted to know the difference between the different distribution
> names I see for the debian distribution. Like sid 8CDs then Potato
> rev, SLink. and other such. If you give me a link to the page where
> this information is availble it would be a great help.
Debian Slink is 2.1, Potato (the latest stable) is 2.2 and Woody (the next
stable) will be 3.0.
Sid is a development version, which won't be released. This is mainly for
developers and/or the ones who want to be on the bleeding edge.
For more informations, see http://www.debian.org/

Attila Nagy                                    e-mail:  Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Budapest Polytechnic (BMF.HU)                   @work: +361 210 1415 (194)
H-1084 Budapest, Tavaszmezo u. 15-17.           cell.: +3630 306 6758