Re: errors on your site

Hi Rory,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:07:47AM -0000, rory@knocbrac.com wrote:
> None of your cdimage links work, which is a shame cos I'm ready to
> install Debian on my network at home. eg:
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/ch121.html
> http://cdimage.debian.org/ch122.html
>
> Do you not do this any more?

We do, but all the CD related content has moved to
<http://www.debian.org/CD/>.

Phil, maybe we need some more redirects? In case you don't have the
filenames of the ch* files anymore, I've appended them below.

> Also, just out of curiousity, do you think Debian might be suitable
> for kids on a 486/33 with 250M?

I take it that's 250MB of _harddisc_? :-)

Debian can certainly be installed on that hardware, but I wouldn't
bother - your kids won't like it.

>From my experience, the minimum spec to run X11 + Gnome and use the
Internet is something like a P100, 512MB HD, 64MB RAM.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _