Re: CD Images for 2.2r5 (was: Minimal bootable i386 CD image for 2.2r5)

lance wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > Richard Atterer wrote:
> > > wouldn't it be nice if we could provide an official "net install CD
> > > image" for the upcoming potato release?
> >
> > That reminds me of people asking if we can provide 2.2r<n> images at
> > the same time as it is officially released.
> >
> > I'm willing to postpone the official announcement of 2.2r5 by one day
> > after it was released in the Debian archive if this delay would be sufficient
> > for you to build images for all architectures and move them in place.
>
> Why is it coming so soon after 2.2r4 ?? (Nov 5th).

Because I wanted a 1-month cycle which did not work (it became 5-6 months)
so stepped back and am working on a 2-month cycle.

> This time interval is not enough time for us to produce silver pressed
> disks and self enough of them ...

For silver disks the rule is to updated against resources on the
network as soon as the machine hits the internet.  This is independend
of which revision of potato is on the cd, there are most probably always
updates out there, mostly security.

Releasing another revision just ensures the so called ``stable''
distribution on the ftp server is more stable and has less security
bugs.

> Minimum three monthe between releases would be nice .. otherwise I guess
> we'll have to do an update disk ...

It's not a Release, the release will be called woody, it's just a minor
revision.

> When is woody due to be released ??

When it is ready.

Btw. thanks for entirely NOT helping with the question of CD images.
I was only talking about images on cdimages.debian.org, well...

Regards,

	Joey

--
Unix is user friendly ...  It's just picky about its friends.