Re: Redesign of cdimage website

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Stephen Mulcahy wrote:

> PH> or get a small bootstrap CD with just the base system on it, and then
> PH> do a network install.
>
> small bootstrap CDs are fine but I'd be concerned about the use of

[...]

> Maybe bootstrap CDs contain just the boot n base should become an
> "official component" of the distrib alongside the install floppies?

i think we all agree that an official mini install (bootable) iso image
would be a Good Thing (tm).  so the following questions

o does it get produced for i386 only or for all architectures ?

o does it place an unreasonable burden on Phil Hands to be generating
  multiple sets of images within architectures for official releases ?

o does it place an unreasonable burden on any other people involved
  (in debate about what packages must be on/off - must there be a
  mini iso1_NONUS or not.. or misc stuff)

o how much disk space are we talking about ?  should it meet some
  particular standard so it can be reused (e.g CreditCard isos ?)

o who is already doing this ?

regards,

-jason