Re: testing cd's

Le Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 05:53:34PM +0100, MPfeifer écrivait:
> hi guys,

Hi,

> we just test if they boot and if the md5sums are correct, but that's
> all. is that enough?

It should be enough. It's usually enough for CD images provided by
Debian itself. Just be sure to not rush just after the images have been
released, wait a few days and watch the list here to see if the images
are ok or no (last example is powerpc images which are not working).

If you build your own images with debian-cd, then I advise you to do
more testing (test install and so on).

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com