Re: powerpc 2.2r4

lance <lance@uklinux.net> writes:

> On 17 Nov 2001, Philip Hands wrote:
> >
> > So, rebuilding them with the latest CVS will sort out the problem
> > then, will it?
> >
> > I'll do that, and put the new image up for rsync, so people can test
> > it.  If all's well, I'll do a CD point release (unless people come up
> > with compelling reasons not to).
>
> Please, please, please dont change the CD point release for anything other
> than ppc (at leat not for i386) - we've just receieved 500 sets with 2.2r4
> printed on them :(

No, wasn't planning on doing so.

> Can the ppc iso be 2.2r4.1 or 2.2r4.0a as it doesnt actually have any
> fixes (apart from for itself ) ??

2.2 r4.1 seemed reasonable to me, unless anyone's got a better
suggestion, and I'll put a README.2.2_r4.1 in the 2.2_r4.1
subdirectory, mentioning that the only change was to make the powerpc
Cds bootable, so don't expect anything other than powerpc to be
updated.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!   http://petition.eurolinux.org/