Re: pseudo-image problem

Bob Plank <Robert@Plank.com> writes:

> I am trying to create an image on a WinTel PC so that I can install
> Debian.  Unfortunately, no matter which mirror I use, the download
> chokes on any file in the /doc/FAQ/html/ directory, I have been able
> to find the files in the /doc/FAQ/ directory on some of the servers.
> The problem is I don't know how to change the binary-i386-1.list
> file using a Windows based tool without corrupting the format.
>
> How do I work around this?  Is there a binary-i386-1.list file
> somewhere which matches the contents of the server?  Or, is there a
> mirror somewhere which accurately reflects the contents of
> binary-i386-1.list?

It shouldn't matter --- it will build the pseudo-image without those
files, and rsync will then slap them back in for you (rsync's clever
like that)

I'd imagine this fact is mentioned in the PIK Readme or FAQ -- If not,
it should be.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!   http://petition.eurolinux.org/