Re: remote installation 2

if you've got a machine that's local to it (i.e., an nfs/tftp server), have a look at:

http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/

I suspect that it might be fairly difficult to install the system otherwise, (I dont' think that the bootfloppies/CD supports a serial console) although if you know the hardware well enough it should be possible to tar up the filesystems and install them if you can get someone to boot the machine with tomsrtbt (http://www.toms.net/) or something along those lines.

Hope this helps...

-glen