Re: making a minimal CD

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 01:38:03PM -0600, Jorge.Lehner@gmx.net wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 12:26:03PM -0500, Juergen Fiedler wrote:
> > I got the debian-cd package from CVS, but it seems somewhat
> > inaccessible. I can't even figure out how best to create the local
> > mirror that it requires. Is there any in-depth documentation on that
>
> I have been doing this with relatively usable results, the following
> way:
[...]
> - Copied the /boot, /tools, /indices,
>   /debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/ directories from the
>   original binary CD 1 to my mirror (simply /var/www/debian)
>   along with some README files and other stuff searched for by
>   debian-cd.
[...]

OK, my first problem is: I have a 2.2r3 CD _somewhere_. But rather
than go looking for it (or worse: downloading the whole ISO image
again), I would like to get the requisite files from an FTP site. The
problem is: I only see /tools and
/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/ on the ftp sites. No /boot and
no /indices. Is there a way to get those without getting the full CD
first?

Thanks,
Juergen