"autoburner" available.

 My workstation is a walk aways from the box with our CD-RW burner in
 it, and doing runs of CD's took a while since I had to walk back and
 forth a lot to do it.  I thought about the problem some, and decided
 that what I needed is a way to get notification of the drive tray
 close event so that a script could know when to burn the next CD...

 I dug around and could not figure out how on my own, so I wrote a
 note to Jens Axboe at SUSE, who maintains the Linux Kernel CDROM
 driver code, asking if he knew a way.  He sent me a little C program
 (media_event.c) that did almost what I wanted.  I made a few minor
 changes, and wrote a script I call "autoburner".

 To use it, you open the tray, put in a blank disk, then type
 "autoburner <iso_filename>", and close the tray.  It will burn the
 disc, then eject it.  You remove that disc, and replace it with
 another blank, then close the tray, and it starts burning again.  You
 can burn many copies of the same image this way with no need to rerun
 the cdrecord command.  I cannot guarantee it will work with all CD
 burners...

 You'll need to get "media_event.c" and "autoburner" from:

   <URL:http://www.hegbloom.net/~karlheg/>

 ... to try it.  Hope this saves time for other people besides myself.
 Have a good day and take care.

 My health is my wealth.
--
mailto: (Karl M. Hegbloom) karlheg@microsharp.com