problem with rsync

Hi,

I just finished downloading the pseudo image files and am now ready to convert it to the official image. However, when I try to execute rsync withh all the parameters and thing, it gives me a message that says,

failed to connect to rsync.kernel.org - The descriptor is a file, not a socket.

and then it goes back to the Dos prompt.  I would really appreciated if you would help me because I just spent the last 2 weeks downloading the pseudo image and it would be really bad if that all wen to waste.

Thanks in advance,
Charles