Re: Debian ISO (Was: Re: [PLUG] RedHat 7.1 iso?)

Wookey wrote:

On Fri 12 Oct, Ben Collins wrote:
There should be a list of links for the methods with _strong_
suggestions to use the PIK. Let them decide, don't force them to go
through a freaking maze of irrelevant questions.

I'm not sure the questions are *entirely* irrelevant, just tedious to muck through. Poking through the options, I found the following options:

(1) Download diskette images : ideal when installing on one computer that has snappy internet access (2) Download diskette images, install, then set up a mirror or proxy server : ideal for installing on a number of interconnected computers that have snappy internet access (3) Use PIK/JIGDO to build an ISO : ideal for installing on multiple computers that are not interconnected, may or may not have internet access, but at least one computer is available that is a platform that supports PIK/JIDGO and has snappy internet access (4) Buy CDs from resellers : ideal for when you just can't figure out all this images stuff (5) Download the ISO : a burden on servers, even with mirrors, and to be avoided in preference to (3) or (4) if you -must- have CDs.

We could break these options out into a single table, instead of nested questions, I suppose. Two columns: (1) & (2) "I'm Cool with a Few Diskettes and an Install over HTTP/FTP" and (3), (4) & (5) "The CDs Must Be Mine". Maybe include some eyecandy bar gauges for each method that tells the user how simple/complex the methods' processes are.