Re: Debian ISO (Was: Re: [PLUG] RedHat 7.1 iso?)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 10:30:33AM -0700, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>     alan> The section on Debian's web site for downloading CD ISOs is
>     alan> *frustrating*!
>
>     alan> It reminds me of a phone maze.
>
>     alan> MUCH more difficult and annoying than it should be.  (I
>     alan> would not be as annoyed if there was an option to "just get
>     alan> me to the damn ISOs".  There is not.)
>
>  I agree.  It takes an experienced user to succeed in creating an ISO
>  using the "pseudo-image-kit".  That's too big of a barrier for a
>  beginner.  Perhaps many people will never try Debian just because of
>  that...

I've brought this up before. I went to go get an ISO, and was presented
with 50 questions about what I intended to do with it, and what type of
person I was. It's rediculous, regardless of the issue it is trying to
solve.

To keep the comparison going, lots of the phone mazes now have an option
like "Or just press '0' to speak to an operator". We need something
equivalent to that.

Ben

/                   Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux                  \