Re: PATCH for tools/cds2src

Le Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 04:26:41PM +0900, Kaz Sasayama écrivait:
> Thank you for the reply.  Do you think even the official latest version
> of a source package can be omitted if there is an unofficial version?  I
> do not like that.

I like that. It takes less space. It's what "builder" of personalized CD set
are looking for.

> Regarding this patch, I do not have wanted to put several official
> versions at once on a CD set, but an unofficial version besides an
> official version.

You did both by doing what you said.

> I just want to offer a choice to users on the source
> packages.

They do not have any choice to make, the CD builder decides what he wants
on the CD. By default debian-cd provides the official version unless
there's a local version that replaces it.

> I believe this patch does not change any behavior on the official
> archive where there is a single version for each source package.

That's true. But that doesn't change anything.

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com