Re: Bootable Woody Sparc CD's??

> It's a Sparc 5 170mhz with 64 megs of RAM running potato.  I'm doing a
> 'boot cdrom' from the PROM ok prompt and the message I get is 'file is not
> bootable'.  This is after it accesses the CD.

After talking with Ben and with Raphael, I have fixed a couple of things
that are peculiar on the sparc arch and that I didn't know of.

Now the sparc cds are built using the old mkhybrid instead of mkisofs, as
Ben has told me that mkisofs is still not compatible with SILO while
mkhybrid is. If someone wants to add this feature to mkisofs... feel free to
do it.

Elflord: you can refresh the image you have downloaded using rsync over the
old image if you still have it, or if you had deleted it, well, you can make
a new one from the cd you have and then rsync it to the new one and record
it again, I sugest you use cdrw if the machine supports those, just in case
there are more bugs (this things are totally unstable ;-)

Hope this time they are ok.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net